Sales forecast model
gathers historical sales information from the sales input worksheet and automatically calculates and provides you with monthly and annual forecast for future years based on three types of forecast approaches: Exponential Growth, Linear Regression and Corresponding forecast.
You just simply need to input or export your business historical sales information into the input worksheet; the rest of the work is done automatically.The major benefits of this model are:
1. You can load as many years of history as you want;
2. You can limit a time frame that the forecast will be based on. For example, you can make the model to base forecast estimates only on historical sales prior to January 1st, 2008. This way you will have a constant stream of forecast after January 1st, 2008. The forecast will not change after you upload actual 2008 sales into the model. You will be able to compare actual 2008 sales as it comes in to monthly forecast.
3. You have the ability to choose which forecast method provides you with the most accurate numbers and use this forecast in dashboards analysis.
Monthly Actual and Forecast Schedule
for Linear and Exponential Forecast worksheet, it summarizes actual monthly sales to be used in the forecast as a continued stream of revenue and provides two types of monthly forecasts based on:
i. Forecast (linear regression)
- calculates future sales by using linear regression, a linear trend using historical sales.
ii. Forecast (exponential growth)
- calculates future exponential growth by using existing data.
You do not need to make any changes here; all data calculates automatically.
Monthly Actual and Forecast Schedule for Corresponding Forecast worksheet
groups actual monthly sales by month and predicts corresponding values based on historical sales available for a particular month. You do not need to make any changes here; all data calculates automatically.
Current Year monthly sales performance is conveniently presented in Current Year Dashboard Analysis
. Current Year Dashboard worksheet analyses current year monthly actual sales versus forecasted sales. You have an ability to change the forecasted method by selecting a forecast method that makes the most accurate prediction of your companiesí sales.Annual Dashboard worksheet
analyses annual actual sales versus forecasted sales. You have an ability to change the forecasted method by selecting a forecast method that makes the most accurate prediction of your companies sales.Dashboard Summary worksheet
analyses current year actual sales versus all types of forecast calculated in the model.